Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Car!

So, after some hemming and hawing and a bit of searching and options weighing... I finally replaced the Pillager (my old Merc Villager which gave up the ghost a little over a month ago). The new car is a 2005 Ford Escape, which is a small suv that gets pretty decent mileage and has pretty reliable scores. You all know I'd much prefer something classic and beaten... but I also need something reliable for the next few years. I like the color (charcoal grey), and the fact that it has 4wd and discs at all four corners. Oddly enough, since it only has a 6 disc CD changer and no casette, I'll have to find an alternative method of connecting my Ipod to it. I also got it at a VERY good price (about $6,000 under blue book), and a good deal is always hard to pass up. It looks exactly like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now all I need to do is thing of a name for it. Suggestions?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've sat here for a couple of minutes figuring what I'd want to name it. I'm seeing something in the vicinity of a man who enjoys the classiness of the opera as much the ruggedness of the outdoors. Any name describing that kind that would fit perfectly. Hmm...

Miss Laura said...

THE ELIMINATOR.

That's what I want my nickname to be, anyway.

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

I think that's the name of "Big Daddy" Don Garlits' car...

Emily said...

I think it looks like a Harrison. Very sexy yet manly & rugged. ( besides, it Is a ford )

luminainfinite said...

gas guzzling tree killing black demon suv of portland

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

I object. 1) it's grey. 2) it gets better mileage than your cars!

luminainfinite said...

I take great pleasure in saying this....
"I don't have a car!"

of course you don't have a subway either but still, do they seriously sell SUVs in Portland?!

kiki said...

Wildebeest. I don't know why. That's just what popped into my head when I saw it.