Monday, July 03, 2006

Friend of mine grew up with a hot girl next door. The HGND's dad was an avid hunter, with many a long gun. Whenever she would bring home a new guy, the dad would take him aside and introduce himself, and get the kid's name. He would then take a cartridge for his elephant gun, and write the kid's name on it, telling him "I love my daughter very much, and if you ever do anything to hurt her, this bullet has your name on it." Next, he would take the now amused/scared/indiffernt kid into the room where the rifle was stored, show him it, and put the cartridge on a shelf, next to a row of empty casings with names on it.

Apparently, it scared one kid so much he went crying home to dad, who called the sheriff. Sheriff deputy shows up, asks for the story, dad tells it, deputy decides with a grin on his face that there was no threat made, the kid was just being informed that there was a bullet with his name on it.

1 comment:

Skye said...

My dad would pretty much love this story. He inherited a couple of shotguns from his dad, and probably wishes he'd inherited them before I became old enough that I wasn't bringing my boyfriends home.