Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Culling

I have found that I am not so good at keeping in touch with people. Never was. If our friendship is more than 4 or 5 years previous, there's a pretty good chance I'm not talking much with you... if at all. I've not been very good at keeping in touch with people from my life. From Japan, to Utah, to Alaska, to everywhere else... I've kinda been crummy at keeping in touch with people long-long term. I haven't talked or emailed with my best friend from college... and he got married last year. I'm not sure why I do this... maybe it's because I put most of my energy into the now and the forward than the past... tough to say. It's not malicious or a writing off kind of thing, so don't feel bad, I'll do it for both of us.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

James? James who?

;)

Emily said...

I don't know any James...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you wrote this. I've been thinking about this specifically, and wondering where to take my feelings. Relationships change, don't they.

The other night when I was thinking about you, and our minimal contact I thought about something you said when you came to visit me in Missoula.

"Em, I couldn't care less about seeing Missoula. I came here to see you."

It made me smile and feel a sweet, simple happiness.

You care about me.