Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving.

So I cooked Thanksgiving dinner.

It was fun, I didn't do anything fancy. I got a young fresh turkey, and stuffed it with a traditional stuffing recipe. I made potatoes, bought some rolls, made gravy from the drippings, and made a pie from scratch. I made a simple pate brisée dough and snagged a recipe for pie filling. It was good, in the future I don't think I'll pre-bake the pie crust. It dried out a little more than I'd like.

I've made roast turkey before, so I wasn't afraid. The gravy turned out super good, though. I think it's because I layered bacon on the turkey while it roasted (not to eat, of course), and then had chopped onions in the drippings pan, so the turkey drippings and bacon drippings got freaky-deaky with the onions and resulted in a magnificent passport to deliciousness.

2 comments:

Stargirl said...

Deliciousness, indeed.

Deliciousness that I enjoyed for days!

Gage & Jessica said...

Sounds good, we had the missionaries over and it was fun.

Grad school for me was not enjoyable. Basically, you learn most of the stuff outside of the classroom. On the talkingcure.com research section of what works in therapy (side note to your teaching program but relevant)they have done the most research analysis and have determined that 87% of all change happens outside of therapy, and of the remaining 13 percent the largest player is not the modality, but rather the relationship between the therapist and client. Now that I am in a high school my students tell me that a majority of whether or not they learn much or pay attention comes back to their relationship and opinion of the teacher- no big surprise.

Jessica requests more cute pictures of skunks climbing all over you.

WE recall where Audrey was last year this time and are grateful this year seems better???