Sunday, March 29, 2009

On Life Support

My blog. How I have forsaken thee.

We've had some good times, but now that I'm older, and married, and doing school again, and then of course taking into consideration my always present laziness.... it's become a banner year for not posting on my blog. I just don't have as much of a need to have a conduit to paint my mind to the world in a public way. It's not you, dear blog, it's me. Facebook lets me be pithy and funny in short, near telegraph length bursts. Facebook lets me see what everyone else around me is up to, and be on my merry again in short order. But Facebook doesn't let me hone my edge of expression like you, dear blog.

On the other hand, I keep thinking I should write a book instead with this time and with my facebook and other time. But as ever, a muse escapes me. I'm kind of stuck on this blog thing. I am thinking that while facebook is easy... it's not as deep.

2 comments:

Stargirl said...

It's not as deep, 'tis true. And while you know I love Facebook, it's my entries on my blog that give me most delight. It's more personal, more thoughtful. :)

Gage & Jessica said...

Write a book. I would read it.