Thursday, July 15, 2004

This comes highly recommended.


I was introduced to www.explodingdog.com last night by my friend Audrey (who has the same name as the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors".  She's not a horror though, she's delightful.  At explodingdog.com, visitors are encouraged to leave titles to non-existent drawings, from which the site's owner, Sam Brown, draws something based on some of the suggested titles.   Some are funny, some are sad, some are actually even touching.  It's a very simplistic kind of art, and Sam himself is incredibly unassuming.  Some of my favorites are:

The Salad of the Future
thank god I saved you from those evil men
I promised myself i wouldn't do this again 
i really need to learn how to draw, i am the worst ever
maybe she'll call back
i never expected THIS! 
 
I always feel a little apprehensive sharing something that's way cool to me in a quirky way, because I worry that other people won't "get it", or think it's as neato as I do.  Still, I guess someone had to share it with me, and who knows, maybe explodingdog will be as big with my friends as Strongbad became (and you all know I introduced you to it).

 

No comments: