Thursday, November 17, 2005

Inane mumblings

I find that when confronted with an uncomfortable situation, it's best to say something completely random and silly, preferably from a movie made in the 1980's. However, it's important to note that when quoting movies, you AVOID the evil that is Monty Python, Princess Bride, Napoleon Dynamite, or any other overly popular movie in LDS circles. The only major exception would possibly be Office Space, which I don't think can possibly be quoted too much. While primping in the vestry, waiting for the wedding to start, I heard one of Aud's friends say something about being the gatekeeper and keeping me from seeing her, so I naturally replied with:

Gozer the Traveler! He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!


They stared at me like I'd sprouted a new head right at that moment, out of my shoulder. I kind of wished Zannah had been there, she would have laughed a lot.

3 comments:

redlaw said...

I got the quote if it makes you feel better and that is seriously one of my favorite movies ever.

Zannah said...

I would have laughed more than a lot, so you're right. You're awesome...

kiki said...

I'm very excited for you, James.

I have a picture on my camera phone, and it's been there for ages now. I saw a car with a license plate on it that said ADUB. I'll email it to you someday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYBODY!