Friday, June 16, 2006

Cool things that I did on vacation.

Primary Spousal Unit and I have decided to blog about and post pics of whatever we want to, in whatever order we like. I like this approach more than feeling bound to some kind of order.

We flew in to Newark Airport in New Jersey. My first reaction upon exiting the airport: "What stinks? Is that garbage or a dead body?" Deciding to be charitiable, I took another wiff inbetween train transfers on two other occasions on the way to the inlaw's place. As far as I can tell, New Jersey either locates all of their public transportation next to open sewers and landfills, or the state reeks. I have no pic of the horrid smells of New Jersey, but rest assurred that if I did, this is where they'd be:

4 comments:

Amberlynn said...

South Jersey is much better, I swear. Although the river at the nearby State Park *was* red - which scared me.

Stargirl said...

"Primary" Spousal Unit? Who is "Secondary?"

To Jersey's credit, most of the state is beautiful.

Emily said...

chuckle, chuckle

Skye said...

I had the exact same reaction when I visited New York! I remember thinking that the place has a new stench around every corner. I guess the people who live there get used to it. But for those of us used to the smell of fresh air and trees, it's a shocker.

It's probably like when your friend's house smells funny, but s/he's used to it and doesn't notice. I always hope and pray that my house doesn't smell funny, because if it did, I'm sure I wouldn't know it.