Tuesday, June 06, 2006

So Today's My Birthday



And I'm another year older. We're taking off for NYC tomorrow to go visit the inlaws and see the sites. So what did I get for my birthday? It hasn't arrived yet... but we're getting a pet... a skunk! These photos are not pics of the actual skunk in question. She (I think we're getting a she) will be about 6 inches long (and 4 or 5 weeks old) when she comes and will take about 18 months to fully mature into a 20-28" adult skunk. Yes, the stinky part's removed, though we will have to get her spayed (going into heat and not mating can KILL a female skunk, think about that, lonely singles!) I get to pick a name for her. I'm still mulling that one over.

5 comments:

Zannah said...

Happy B-day, JayDub.

And I think you should name the skunk Betty.

Amberlynn said...

Happy Birhday!!

Anonymous said...

how 'bout "Petunia"

Anonymous said...

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/namelists/a/namseskunks.htm

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

I already have a pre-emptive mental ban on all flower and "pepe le pew" related names...