Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Battle of Food

Like the wife, I am also on a diet.
It appears to be serious.
I'm very grouchy.
VERY GROUCHY.

Fortunately, I love some foods that are healthy. Like sushi, cottage cheese, fibery cereals, vegetarian curry... but it's only been a week and there's a decent chance I might kill someone for a double western bacon cheeseburger. Fortunately there's a good chance it might only be a transient, or some other person you don't know, but still the potential for homicide is definitely there.

Otherwise, life is fine. I work work work, come home and survey what dilemma wife and skunk may have, then sleep a bit, then back to work.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck to both of you. You probably dont want any advise but I'll give a couple tips anyway,
Lots of lean protein and
water
water
water
-oh! and smile, it boosts metabolism :)

Skye said...

Wow. I'm excited for you! I really want you to be around when we're old farts to talk about the good times. My Dad, too. He's also dieting. Seems to be the season. I am blissfully "not allowed" to diet right now.

k. as long as we're giving advice...
I find most junk-food cravings can be quelled by a healthy alternative. it took me tons of dieting to figure out that my candy and chocolate cravings can generally be satisfied by a huge bowl of fruit salad. My favorite kind: canned pineapple and bananas with a spoonful of frozen orange juice concentrate to spice it up. You can throw in grapes too.

Anyway. Good luck! I bet you've lost weight already. You'll have to keep us posted.

luminainfinite said...

me too! I'm on a diet!

yay! blue dress on my birthday!

fighting! (korean for "go!")