Monday, July 30, 2007

I can't make this up, seriously.



So, in a prison in the Philippines, I imagine they were having a difficult time in coming up with ways for prisoners to spend their time. In the USA, most of the time our prisoners spend their recreation time playing cards, basketball, and making stabbing instruments. Some guys come across more constructive ways to spend their time. I once knew a fella who, over the course of spending 10 years on the inside, taught himself to play guitar. This prison managed to put together a complete dance routine set to Michael Jackson's "Thriller", complete with zombie moves and a dude in drag playing the scared girlfriend role. I'm pretty much speechless watching this. Since I can't hear you, I assume you are too.

5 comments:

Emily said...

um,
ga

...crickey


Just imagine the people in charge sitting around at one of their meeting asking "So what should we do with these out of control inmates"

guy in back sqweeks "make em'dance!"

Stargirl said...

And I'd like to know how they decided who would play the girl.

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Yeah, I kinda wonder if he won... or if he lost...

Jason and Emily said...

Genius! Encore! I want more! Let's get them on tour! Oh wait, that's just what they'd want to do...

I kept thinking of rehearsals. I guess that's the dancer in me. This is some amazing thing to behold... I hope they had as much fun watching the video as I did.

Anonymous said...

Actually this was forced upon them, and several inmates were killed who did not oblige correctly. Many of these folks are political prisoners or others who have not yet been charged with crimes, but who are nonetheless incarcerated for extended periods. A good example of things not being what they appear to be.