Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Much to my wife's chagrin

"So, what happens if they riot?"

In the event of a facility wide incident, I have been instructed to dispose of my keys and radio (though I never have a radio), and either barricade myself in the offices or try to get out of the facility. In the event that anyone is taken hostage, we will not be negotiated for. Federal law is that will be regarded as terrorist hostages, and the US government does not negotiate in those circumstances. Basically, there better never be a riot, and if there is, my co workers and I better never get cornered.

On the good side, our unit is segregated from general populace, so if there were a problem in the facility at large, most likely all of the inmates on our unit would want just as much as we do to get away from it. In the event that there were problems on the unit, my office is closest to the exit. Ha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting!

Skye said...

I can totally relate, man. We all have dangerous jobs, after all. I once got a really nasty paper cut on a brief I was filing, and last week I bumped my head on a file cabinet. And sometimes I'm not so sure about the UPS man, either. So... I feel ya.

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Whoah, now that you mention it, I have a file cabinet in my office... I swear it's been eyeballing me. I think it and the hole puncher might be in cahoots.

Jason and Emily said...

Hey Iron Man,

I had a dream about you and the rest of your house last night. I came and surprised you again, and you guys wouldn't let me eat anything, so I went out to the backyard and used my sassy wilderness skills to build a bowdrill fire to cook, uh, something. (Why did I have sausage in my bag? I don't like sausage. Skye likes sausage.) But by the time I got the fire going, you came out in a (modest) bathrobe and said that you guessed it would be alright for me to eat something in the kitchen.

And poor me, I was wondering the whole time I was blowing on my fire, "What's happened? Why doesn't anyone here like me? Why is James so mean?"

And then I woke up.


I don't have a dangerous job.