Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Toy.

So, I wheeled and dealed and canoodled and got myself a new iPod.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So you might be asking "Wait, didn't you already have one, goofball?" and the answer would be... Yeah, but this one is NEW. Old and busted versus new hotness. They retooled the iPod line, and this one had a couple cool new features for the same price ($300) as the one I got last year. The new iPod 5th Generations are thinner, lighter, come in a color other than white (finally), have a much larger COLOR LCD screen, can play VIDEO, and hold 10 gigs more than the original entry model... basically everything that made my iPod cool just got cooler. They're new enough that my old one was still selling for a decent price on ebay, so I made most of the purchase price of a new one from that. So now it's ticking away here as I upload my entire music collection. Gosh... these things are so cool! The saying is "I thought I was happy, then I got an iPod". I like being able to carry every song I've ever downloaded and every CD I ever listen to in a cool looking sleek device that weighs 4.8 ounces and is only .4 inches thick!

4 comments:

Jason and Emily said...

and thus, you are the reason why they invented it.

Be careful of your hearing.

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Heh, I actually have yet to use it with headphones. Mostly I use it at work.

Stargirl said...

yeah, he says he got most of the money for it by selling his old one... but did he give credit to his wife for working the streets? No! Because THAT would be embarrassing....

Skye said...

Jared gave me a nano for our anniversary (which I affectionately call my NanoNano).

I swear it's changed my whole outlook on life.

Oddly enough, I use if more for podcasts and recorded radio talk programs than for music. But it depends on the day, I guess.