Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Still warm the blood that courses through these veins.

So here's the thing. I have two jobs.

I just started working as a counselor in a rehab facility for adolescents. It's way fun, and very fulfilling (thus far). I make a little better money and have insurance at my old job managing apartments. So, what did I do? Kept them both, of course. 72-80 hour work weeks are something I have done before, but there are other concerns involved at this moment as well.

Suprisingly, almost two months later, it hasn't killed me. I've learned a lot about what my body needs, what it's capable of, and what can help it go. I learned I don't have to get enough sleep for the next 20 hours... just enough for the next 8. I tend to sleep twice a day now, and the total amount is about the same as I used to get, occasionally more. I have learned that eating a little less and drinking more water helps me get through a day better. And I've learned that paychecks from two jobs is better than one.

No comments: