Sunday, January 29, 2006

And his good friend Harvey...

There's a new client at work...

He has a friend named Andres that has been known to occasionally exert a bad influence on the client in question. Apparently Andres helped get him involved with drugs, and later with crime, assisting the client in some of his illegal hijinx. As it turns out, Andres doesn't actually exist. At least he doesn't exist in the mortal plane you and I now occupy. Now, I've had a lot of clients in my time, some highly functional, some not as much, but this is the first time that I've been around a person that doesn't exist, unless you count taking pictures with Santa at the mall when I was a kid. Add to that his interesting habit of standing around for about 30 seconds before responding to a question, and we've got a real challenge on our hands!

On Friday afternoon, while I was looking forward to the weekend, I was standing near the client not really saying or doing anything, and he turns to me and says, "He's taken pieces of me that I'll never get back." Then he turned and walked away. I may not forget that for a long time... "He's taken pieces of me that I'll never get back."

*shakes head*

10 comments:

Emily said...

Do you have phychiatrists to consult about issues?

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Several.

Jason and Emily said...

My first reaction is to believe him.

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

We had the same reaction... until he told us that Andres was there in the prison, but wasn't incarcerated.

Stargirl said...

So? YOU'RE in prison, but YOU aren't incarcerated.

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Only after I come home from work, dear.

Emily said...

ouch

Skye said...

I believe in demons, myself. I believe they attach themselves to people.

Skye said...

looking back at the conversation that preceded my comment, I feel I should clarify... I didn't mean either of you (chef or stargirl), by the way.

ha ha.

;)

Skye said...

(and, by the way, I love the reference in the title to your post)

laughed