Thursday, September 30, 2004

Right now, I'm watching daytime television. The usual suspects, Oprah, Ellen, the World Series of Poker on ESPN, MacGuyver on TVLand... and then I see Metallica. Metallica, the lords of heavy metal, and one of the first bands I REALLY got into when I was a kid. Yep, there they are, Metallica, on my television. On the Jane Pauley show. I will say it again. Metallica is currently on the Jane Pauley show, talking about their experiences in therapy. I had to watch it, like slowing down to see a car wreck. I'm filing this away with Greedo shooting first in the "crapping on my fond childhood memories" hall of fame.

Then again, they're mostly over 40 now. Thank goodness they're not doing the same thing they were when they were 25. And while my initial shock and horror may never go away, it's funny how a certain part of me expects certain things to stay frozen in time.

No comments: