Thursday, October 20, 2005

The 10 Questions

These 10 questions originally came from a French series, "Bouillon de Culture" hosted by Bernard Pivot. It is probably more familiar to many as the question James Lipton asks at the end of "Inside the Actor's Studio."

1. What is your favorite word?
"pontificate"
2. What is your least favorite word?
"but"
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
For me, the most I've been turned on creatively and such is when I've jammed or played in bands, and I just feel this alive bursting connection with creation. I like standing in a circle with other musicians and just expressing ourselves in that way. It's also when I've felt the most alive.
4. What turns you off?
Ignorance, willful ignorance.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
"Bitch". I especially love calling men this.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
I love the sound that I hear when it's snowed in Oregon, and I go outside into the street, and everything is muffled and quiet... I love the sound of... air, I guess!
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
I hate the sound of buzzers, beepers, and superflous alarms. I don't need a damn alarm to tell me that my seatbelt isn't buckled yet. I don't need an alarm in my office to tell me when the door is open. Oddly enough, I don't mind the alarm to get up in the morning, that serves a legitamate purpose, but it seems there's buzzers, beepers, and noise makers on every damn thing these days.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I guess I'd try to be a writer. Maybe an auto mechanic?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
I could never be a server, or wait tables. I just don't have the demeanor for it.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Hmmmm..." *peers down at me, stroking chin thoughfully* *looks down at the book of life, up at me, down at the book again, and back to me slowly* "Well...." "Hmmmmm....." "Oh.... alright, I guess."

3 comments:

luminainfinite said...

I just love you,

that's all,

I love you cause you make me laugh.

And you pat my head and say, "Hey, Jules."

Oh, I love you.

paul said...

OK, I'm game:
1. What is your favorite word?
"banal" (mostly because people can't agree on the pronunciation so they avoid the word)

2. What is your least favorite word?
"appropriate"

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
The point of real connection with another human being where the walls come down and authentic soul to soul communication is happening.

4. What turns you off?
pretentiousness

5. What is your favorite curse word?
"motherfucker", but only the way that Samuel L. Jackson says it in "Pulp Fiction".

6. What sound or noise do you love?
I love electrifying live rock music that's so good that I get tears in my eyes, tingly all over, and I'm compelled to unleash my white boy dancing "skills".

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Cell phone ringtones and people talking on cell phones in otherwise quiet places.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Owner of a breakfast restaurant.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Police officer.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Correct answer, you're in." After giving the secret "access" code that I read about in the Weekly World News at Safeway the other day.

Stargirl said...

1. Fav word = flagillate
2. Least fav = moist
3. Turns me on = correct grammar, intelligence
4. Turns off = prejudice
5. Fav curse word = either "punkass" or "schiesse!"
6. Noise I love = heavy rain
7. Noise I hate = the "f" word
8. Profession attempt = architect
9. Profession avoidance = elephant stall cleaner
10. I'd like to hear God say "You were right!"