Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Anticipation

So right now, I'm living my life for a phone call.

I interviewed for a new job last week. It went really really well. I felt like I'd fit in well at the program, and that I'd be able to perform the job well. I'm friends with someone who works there, ans was able to use them for a recommendation, so I've got an "IN". It's a significant pay raise, a move to a day shift, and it's in line with my educational pursuits. So now all I have to do is get the news that I've got the job, eh? I can't wait! And yet, waiting is exactly what I am having to do.

So I carry my cell phone with my like it's a rosary. Alpha and Omega, amen.

Everytime someone calls I have to pretend that I'm not disappointed that they're not who I'm hoping will call.

Everyone's saying, "oh, I'm sure you got it..." and I'm sure I got it too... how could they not pick me? I felt really good about the interview and all the answers I gave and my comprehension of their program goals... but sureity doesn't help the waiting. Tomorrow will have been a week, they called my references on Monday, so it could come any day now. I've never been good at the waiting game, which is surprising considering that I'm actually a patient person in most respects. I have held off posting since I knew I was going to have this big news and such, and yet it hasn't come. Perhaps I've invoked it by writing about waiting for it today, and lo, it will happen tomorrow!

If only.

6 comments:

paul said...

I'm pulling for you James!! Is it just me or is it weird that we live in the same house and communicate via blog?

Stargirl said...

Yeah, I hope I didn't mess up the whole job thing when I told him about your little bedwetting "problem" when they called me for a reference. I did, however, use the technical term "enuresis," so maybe he didn't know what that meant. On the other hand, he works in mental health, so the chances are slim he wouldn't know the word. But good luck!
(And isn't it weird that we share the same ROOM and we communicate via blog?)

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Nah, it's not so wierd. I share a head with me, and I rarely communicate at all. Come to think of it, I shared a house with my parents for 18 years (and another 2 later, in total) and I think we communitcate about as much.

Jason and Emily said...

I can totally see you saying Alpha and Omega amen...

...the visual was so clear in my mind that you have to imagine me laughing at your very unique humor because I did aloud when I read it.

Hey everyone... just go upstairs and talk in your living room!

Call or write or blog when you hear about the job...!

luminainfinite said...

the living room is upstairs?

I wish I could come hang out with all y'all tonight.

And wait a minute, You and Aud share the same room?

Emily said...

The living room isnt upstairs. It's in the middle stairs.