Monday, October 24, 2005

Be glad you can't see me...

I'm dancing right now.

Oh yes.

I'm doing the "I've got a new job dance".

I am the newest counselor, in charge of transitions, at the Bridgepoint program at the Columbia River Minimum Security Penitentiary. It's a significant pay raise (about 6-7k more a year), and a DAY SHIFT, and it's a great opportunity in counseling. Unlike other places I've worked, I only have to focus on counseling, not dicipline or enforcement (the Department of Corrections is happy to take care of that here). Plus I get to say offhandedly every day, "so, when I got out of prison earlier today..."

Let the celebration begin.

4 comments:

Jason and Emily said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!
AHHH!! I'm hugging you right now...!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Emily said...

HHHHOOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!
Good Job! Conratulations!
I am extremely happy for you and am even jumping up with my hands in the air right....................... now! (it was actually in the dot dot dot space for obvious reasons)

Amberlynn said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like a great job for you!

luminainfinite said...

Yay!

so that's what you do there...okay...

wow! so cool

feel free to post my picture and give out my address to any hottie inmates...