Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Here is A Muppet News Flash...

I am gainfully employed.

Yay.

I had my first day of work today, I worked 10 hours and am really wiped out. I work in the shipping, receiving, kitting, and Q&A section of Novellus.

In their own words: "Novellus Systems, Inc. manufactures, markets and services advanced automated wafer fabrication systems for thin film deposition, surface preparation and CMP. Our chemical vapor deposition (CVD), physical vapor deposition (PVD), copper Electrofill™, photoresist and residue removal and CMP systems are being used worldwide for volume production of high-quality semiconductors at the lowest overall cost. "

Basically I work in a plant that makes the machines that make computer chips. It seems to pay alright, and the company is growing. I work about 5 minutes from my house, a major bonus. I work 50-55 hour weeks, a mild minus. However 10-15 hours of overtime a week isn't bad, though. I am very confident in my abilities, and I think I can learn this job well and exceed expectations there... but I am a tiny bit worried on getting worn down or burnt out. Right now, I'm wasted. Good night all.

Oh, and the dress code is casual... I like the fact that I can wear shorts to work this summer.

No comments: