Friday, April 30, 2004

Dateline: Adub

"Famed cynic Adub the Anonymous Bassist has been missing in action since last posting his announcement of unemployment. Apparently shaken and withdrawn, Adub emerged from seclusion and went outside yesterday to make his first public appearance since losing gainful employment. When asked about his lack of posting by our correspondent, Adub laughed, shat in the camera, bottled our correspondent in the temple and invited us all to bite his ass."

I hate that bloody McDonald's "I'm lovin' it" theme. It's hip, it's urban, it's happening, and I hate it's dark vile heart. What, like McDonalds NEEDS some urban cool hiphop theme to connect to the younger generation? The thing just reeks of some marketing department's two drink minimum power lunch. Do they think that adding someone going "Yeeah yeeah" in the backbeat they'll connect to some magical as-yet untapped marketing segment? Ooh, the new xtreme McDonalds. Listen, I love real rap music, but this is about as lame as Mr. Jiggy Fly from the Geico commercials. If I am out running errands and I hear Usher and Lil' Jon hawking Taco Bell "WHAT?!? YEEAEEEHH!?! CHALUUPAAHHH!?!"... you have my permission to just shoot me in the head.

No comments: