Sunday, April 11, 2004

So, I make guitars and all.

I am a budding luthier, that is to say, a maker of string instruments. It's a hobby that I'm hoping to turn into a side business. I make electric guitars and basses I can make just about anything, but I usually stick to standard body styles. Currently I offer several basic models of guitar and bass, but if someone out there has a specific look or sound they're going for... "I want a fretless jazz bass just like Jaco Pastorius...", I can easily accomodate that. Where this leaves you, Constant Reader... is I need customers. So I'll toss out this offer. While I'm just getting going, I'll build anything for the cost of parts plus 20%. What this would mean is a handmade instrument at less than a commercial one would cost at the store. I'm a craftsman, an artist, and a musician, not a businessman.

Anyone know much about these kinds of things?

No comments: