Sunday, May 02, 2004

A weekend in Portland.

Had fun late this week. My cousin Tyler and his wife Amber stopped off in Portland for a few days, and basically wanted the tour of the town. They live in San Francisco, and have come to the realization if they ever wanted a home of their own, they'd have to either win the lottery, or get out of San Francisco. So being the faithful tourguide that I am, I showed them around town. I forget how cool Portland is to someone who's never been here before (you're missing out, Llew.. just going to Cali and the armpit of the desert {Utah}) So I took them downtown, got them set up in the Benson hotel, took em to some of my favorite spots like 23rd and Escape From NY Pizza, or Papa Haydn's ... Showed off the Portland, Oregon temple, and all the wonderful greenery that sprouts up here when you don't put a parking lot on top of it. I remember it was suprising to many when I decided to move home to PDX, but the truth is I just like the pacific northwest. I think I'd want to live here even if my family didn't.

No comments: