Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Catching up

I've been staring at this screen for too long. So I think I'll just type nonsense. I went to Seaside for the weekend to celebrate Paul's thirtysomethingth birthday. I can't make fun of him for his age, because he looks younger than me and gets more women than I could dream about (well.. maybe not dream about...)

Hyz got her tattoo augmented. Let that be a lesson to you kids, never get someone's name on your body unless they've come FROM your body (that's one thing that can't be undone) I'll find a place to get the pic hosted and put it up here. Still, we have the whole "you get a tattoo, I get to get a tattoo" deal going, so I'll take any ideas what I should have done.

When I log into chatrooms, I usually go to LDS (mormon) chat. The downside to that is that sometimes it's full of idiots, rabid antimormons, and jesus crispies. Sometimes it's insane in there, and at those times, I just think of Buddy Cole or Gavin (the annoying kid), from "Kids in the Hall" and then I type anything that I can remember them having said... or anything I think they might say. Not only do I get to get into character, but usually people stare and actually try to make sense of it. Like this:

"It all reminds me of the time that Anne Murray and James Baldwin were sharing a smart cocktail at her cottage in Parry Sound. Anne said to James, It must be hard enough being black and gay... Imagine if you were also Canadian, eh?"

or

" There's this kid in my class, and she lives on her own without any parents or guardians, and she's eight. And she took the number off her house so the cops can't find her to take her to jail, and also, she took off the mailbox, so they can't send her a letter and say she's in trouble and has to go to jail.... and she's eight like I say."

or even,

"This kid at school, Raymond Snepts, the guy I told you about many times? D'you know what happened when he went away to the Soviet Union and was supposed to come back? He didn't. And d'you know who was in his desk? Another kid. And when they called out his name, when they called out "Raymond Snepts" at roll call, this new kid put up his hand. Scary, eh?"

The sad thing is, it's usually much more interesting than what's being said. Mormon people depress me a lot, sometimes.

No comments: