Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Blog Quandry

So, here's the thing. I have online friends, old friends (many of whom I keep in touch with via online means) and real life friends. Since I put the art night pics up most of my real life friends have visited my website at one time or another. Not that I'd vent about them specifically, but never before has the possibility of something I toss out into cyberspace coming back to haunt me really existed before. To my blogging type friends, is this something you think about, or is it more damn the torpedos, full speed ahead?

To be honest, I like it. I never liked the idea that being online is this shady alter ego life, I value it as a communication resource and tool of expression. I like being able to connect with people. I've really liked emailing my "real life" friends lately, instead of waiting till we hang out or run into each other. I also really like having in depth exchanges with people that I haven't really connected with before, and in doing so making better friends. I am having trouble expressing why this makes me feel so good at the moment, but it does. Good times, noodle salad.

No comments: