Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Things you might hear me say.

I'm fond of an entertaining turn of phrase, I think I might make a page of things you might hear me say. This is almost not passing the "Would anyone other than me give a rat's ass" test... but who knows. I'll throw this out to you, Constant Reader, and see if you have anything that I say that's stuck in your head. So, if you want to add... put a comment on here, and I'll stick it up in this post (and delete the comment).

Things you might hear me say or, the catchprases of Adub.

"Good times, noodle salad" (originally from "As Good As It Gets")

"There's the rub" (Shakespeare)

"I find you vulgar and offensive, yet I am drawn to you like moth to flame" (SNL)

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that... all I heard was "blah blah blah, I'm a dirty tramp" (Mr Deeds, I think)

"Damn, got beat in the five hole again" (original)

"you no-talent ass clown" (Office Space)

Then there's a wide array of old rap lyrics. The interesting thing for me... try this yourself at home... but the interesting thing for me is just where some of these things come from that I say a lot. I'm not that big an Adam Sandler fan (then again, Kathy Bates says the line I like from Mr. Deeds), but it's funny how something that makes us smile rattles around in our heads like a bb in a spray paint can, then comes out at the most opportune moments.

No comments: