Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Cooking mishap.

Okay, so here's the thing. I love to cook. Absolutely love it, and I often brag about my skills. Lately I've been on a real pizza kick, so I thought hey! I'll make pizza from scratch, and not have to drive down to Papa Murphy's or something. So off I go.. making the crust from Jiffy flour... letting it rise a little, getting the cheese and pepperocinis out.. and I fill the mixing bowl with extra flour so I can roll it out.

The ball of dough absorbs the flour unusually quickly. I thought it was rather fine flour, so I yell down the hall asking the fam if we have cake flour or something in this canister on the counter by mistake. The ball of dough takes at least 1.5 more cups of the stuff before it lets me roll it out, and even then it was tacky. This should have been my first clue. The incredibly sweet taste of the crust when I took the first bite of my "pizza" should have been the second clue. It was some of the wierdest pizza I've ever tasted. Puzzled, I walk down the hall, and ask the family units, "Hey, is this flour?"

"No, that's powdered sugar!"

Maybe I'm not as skilled as I thought.

sigh

No comments: