Wednesday, May 05, 2004

That's on Ebay.

When you can't seem to find
the baseball that's been signed,
that's on eBay!

A new toy you can wind,
a men's suit that's silk lined,
that's on eBay!

Phones that ring, organizer thing,
Jazz or swing, nice bling-bling...
that's on eBay!

Buy today and it's on its way!
Other users say you will feel okay!
That's on eBay!


I eBay, I admit it. As I love basses and guitars, and their parts, eBay is MUCH better than ye olde time trusted method of hunting through sleazy pawn shops. And I can do it in my underwear too. There are some things about eBay I get really tired of. First: everything on ebay is supposedly 'RARE'. Look champs, I know a copy of Tactics Ogre is a little bit rare, that's why I'm clicking on this guys sorry auction instead of going down to Babbages. My other princely favorite is the 'not' advertisers. People selling basses or guitars will put things like "Fender P-bass (Not Gibson, Yamaha, Lakland,Spector)" in their auction titles to drive the hits up... which is not only dishonest, but it causes you to do your search and find half of the hits are 'not' what you searched for. Geniuses. The other one I love are guitar stores that try and sell last year's models at retail price. I've fired off more than one email asking, "so how is this bass different than the one I can buy at my local Guitar Center for the same price?" Oddly, those emails don't get answered. Ebay needs a "punch seller in the gonads" button.

No comments: