Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Oscar Night

Okay, so here's the thing. My ward (church) has this Oscar night activity once a year, where in the months before we all group off and make little movies. Since I'm a bit of a writer and director, I got asked to come up with a script idea. So I did. Then I got asked to film it, so I did. Then about two weeks before the screening night, I get greeted at church with "Hey, here's the footage, edit it when you get a chance, okay?" So, over the weekend, at the eleventh hour and fifty-ninth minute, I did. The result is "The Elevator", a quirky little short film produced and directed by me. I wish I had some way of posting it online, but... even as a 8 minute AVI it weighs in at about 150 megs... so I guess you'll have to take my word for it... it's not too bad. If you're ever out Oregon ways, I'll show it to you. Who knows, maybe I'll take home the "Oscar" for editing or directing.

No comments: